Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Track Monday

Yesterday was a return to the track. I did the usual 4 sets of 4x400 with 2x400 rests but switched to a different track for a change of scenery and headed to the Sacred Heart High School. I'm pretty lucky to have two tracks within ~3km from my house, it gives me alternatives to changes things up.

I don't know what's up with me an my Garmin but I just can't seem to program it properly these days. I missed a step on the repeat and I think that's why I did an extra 400 again :)
My times were pretty good considering the wind. Mother nature must have something against me because every time I try to do speedwork the winds are blowing. I felt pretty good about my sluggish performance once I got home and saw the the winds were blowing 20-25km/h (as reported by The Weather Network).

Times for the fast 400s were:
  • 1:48, 1:45, 1:47, 1:51
  • 1:49, 1:49, 1:51, 1:51, 1:52 (yup, an extra, blame it on the Garmin!)
  • 1:44, 1:53, 1:46, 1:51
  • 1:47, 1:52, 1:50, 1:49
The track is always a test for my legs as well. I usually get all kinds of soreness and sensitivity after a good track workout. I'm happy to report that, after a good stretching session, the legs were almost back to normal. My training must be working!

PS: What's up with the snow this morning in Ottawa?

3 comments:

  1. The snow is a reminder for us to enjoy the sun while we have it. Yesterday, although 21, felt like 10 with all that wind. brrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it tracks are so hard to find where I am? (I'm lazy and hate driving more than 1/2 an hour to go run on one).

    But at least there's no snow ;-) Good job on your 400s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow? Are you kidding??

    Great job on the track workout. Hey, an extra 400 won't hurt ya. ;)

    ReplyDelete