Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy 2011 to everyone! You may have seen my tweet already... I wanted to wish everyone all the best for the New Year and lots of PRs and PBs, races, inspiring runs and goals fulfilled. I hope everyone will be happy and have success in all their endeavors and of course, peace on earth!

As for me, I've been very quiet on the training front. That cold I thought I had back in mid December was actually a bronchitis that I am now recovering from (antibiotics, nose spray, inhaler and syrup are part of my daily medication regiment). I've been resting as much as possible to make sure this goes away quickly and I am not sure what to do with Miami. There is a cruise at the end of the race that is non-negotiable but I'm thinking about reducing the distance to a half. It would be a shame to travel to Miami and not run the full course, but with no decent runs in the last 2-3 weeks and only 4 weeks to the race, I'm wondering how much I can rely on muscle memory come race day. I'll see once I am better where the break has left my endurance before I take a definitive decision.

Take care and, again, all the best for 2011. I've met some wonderful people online that inspired me and I hope to continue to build these relationships and give some back over the next 12 months for all that I have received.

5 comments:

  1. Yikes, sorry to hear you've been sick! Resting and allowing yourself the time to recover is definitely the best idea, but too bad Miami is coming up soon! Regardless of the distance you choose to do, enjoy the vacation and cruise!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you got so sick! It would suck to miss out on the full, but it might suck more to push yourself too hard and feel like crap for the remainder of your vacation.

    Happy New Year and good luck with your Boston goal for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer about the bronchitis! But I'm glad you are taking the time to rest and get well. A month away from training is a long time but the thing I'd be most concerned about is, as Marlene mentioned, wearing yourself down to the point you get sick again and don't enjoy your cruise. Whatever you decide, I hope it works out. Best wishes in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better and recovering from your bronchitis. Wishing you all the best for 2011. I would try running the half marathon if you're still under the weather because a full will really tax your body. Good luck and hope the cruise goes well too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get better soon Yannick, please take your time with your recovery. Look after yourself, there are many more marathon's in your future, but you need to get better first....enjoy the cruise and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete