Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm BAAAAAACK!

Yeah! I feel great today. Well, that may be overstating it a bit, but I felt good enough for a run. My first in almost a month! Most signs of the bronchitis are gone so I figured I should start training again, seeing I have a half marathon in two weeks ;) I tell you I really needed this run. Even if at 8.5km in 45 minutes it's nothing to be really impressed with, getting back out there and pounding the pavement felt great. I never realize how much I love running until I miss it for a while... The Endorphins are flowing and I'm sure Alex will be relieved that Grumpy has left the building :)

It was cold and not having run through the winter made me a bit short of breath (or is that from the bronchitis?!?) but I just kept going at a very easy pace. From looking at the speed heatmap, I look pretty steady except for where the GPS reception was spotty.... I overdressed but that is okay, I knew I wouldn't be pushing it speedwise so I wanted to be sure that I would be comfortable even if I had to slow down considerably.

This run today is giving me great confidence for Miami. Even though I switched to the half, it still will be a challenge for me to finish it. I am not hoping for a PR but only to finish quickly enough to be able to hit the hotel for a shower before heading to the boat for our post race Caribbean cruise!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better! I am all about races smooshed against awesome vacations. Enjoy the race since you have no time expectations and bask in the glory of a warm vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I look like when I head out for my runs too! All bundled up and prepared for the elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back out pounding the pavement again. :)

    ReplyDelete