Thursday, March 18, 2010

En Route to LA

By the time you read this, I will most likely be en route to Los Angeles to run the marathon. The last few weeks have been quiet on the blog as I've been extremely busy and dealing with the recent loss of my father. The Los Angeles trip will be an opportunity for me to recharge my batteries and honour my dad by dedicating this race and the expected PR to him.

Even if my training has been uneven in the last few weeks, I think I have a solid base to work with and perform quite well at the race. I think that I have a sub 4 hour marathon in me, whether it comes out in LA is still unclear. This will be a fantastic and scenic course so if I need to slow down to admire the scenery, I will. On the other hand, if I see a celebrity, I'll spare no effort to leave them behind in my dust :) Do you hear that Shia and Gordon? The race is on!

If you're in LA and want to meet up, leave a comment or @ msg / DM me on twitter. Also follow my twitter feed on Sunday for results right after the race if I am lucid enough to tweet about my experience :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    Good luck this weekend! I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I think it is great that you are running LA to honor him. Good luck, I hope you have a great run on s beautiful course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the loss of your father, what a great idea to dedicate this race to him. I will e-mail you my cell, hopefully we can meet up in LA.. either way have a great race!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your father. My thoughts and prayers will be with you!

    Hope you have a great race. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My condolences on the loss of your father. The marathon sounds like a wonderful way to remember and honor him. I hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very sorry to hear about your father. I am sure he will be rooting for you on Sunday and will be very proud. It is the City of Angels after all.

    I hope to see you this weekend, but if I don't have an awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to read about your father. My condolences to you and your family... the marathon is a great tribute to him. Looking forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete