Saturday, June 13, 2009

BBQ Time

Our city councillor, Shad Qadri very generously took time to get everyone together and organize a BBQ in Stittsville today. The location of the BBQ, Stittsville Village Square is a short 5km away from our house and the weather was absolutely stunning today so we decided to go with the bikes. It's the first time this year that Alex and I took our bikes out together so it was pretty fun. It also provided for a systems check for a possible Monday bike commute for me (now that I said it, I have to follow through!).
The attendance at the BBQ was pretty good and Alex says the burgers were delicious (I was still full from our French Toast breakfast so I didn't indulge). They even had Snow Cones and Cotton Candy. The featured entertainment was a bunch of exotic animals that kids went crazy over. Imagine how exciting it is to have the opportunity to touch an alligator for a 7 year old.

The ride itself was nice. We took the Trans-Canada trail that goes right by the park. Alex challenged me to a friendly competition (he said he didn't want to wager money since it would be unfair to take my money so easily!) however I won with both bikes (we switched bikes on the way back to make it 100% fair). Our top speed was a bit above 38km/h but most of the trip was between 20km/h and 30km/h.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice bike ride and a great way to get to the community BBQ.

    So - did you bike to work today??

    ReplyDelete