Monday, June 1, 2009

Shoe Reward

I've been a bit quiet on the blogging front. This is not necessarily because I haven't trained, even if I did slow down a bit with only 2 stationary bike and 1 swim session in the last week. Unless you count participating in the Marche de la Mémoire, a walk to raise funds for the Alzheimer Society.

The reason why I haven't trained and blogged is simple: I started a new job today and have been real busy with the transition. It should take a few weeks before I settle down in the new position and have a regular schedule. Hopefully I can find a new groove that will work well with the new job.

On the running front, since I beat my PB a week ago, I am entitled to a reward! This runner is easily rewarded with a new pair of shoes! The design for my usual show, the Asics Nimbus has changed and made it uncomfortable for my big toe, so I went for the next best thing and got this model:

They are Saucony Progrid Triumph 6. A pretty fitting name for a reward shoe if you ask me!! I look forward to training in them and who knows, maybe Saucony will be my new brand from now on. I still think Asics makes some killer gel cushions and neat apparel. Hopefully the friendly shoe expert at the store is right and Asics will review the design to go back to the way it was before.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new shoes! They look great!

    Well done marching for Alzheimers. It's such an important cause and one close to my heart (all my dad's family seem to succumb to it).

    Thanks for your advice on reading the blogs while injured. You're right - it will really help me not to lose sight of my goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with your new job! I picked up a pair of Saucony's at the sports expo in Ottawa. I "lurvvv" my Saucony's....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice on your reward! I love my Sauconys. I hope they work out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you run in the same shoes I do!! I love Sauconys too. A nice reward!

    ReplyDelete