Wednesday, August 26, 2009

49m35s !?!

This morning, a combination of good tailwind (10-15km/h) and good timing at the traffic lights created the ideal condition for a new speed record. I managed to get to work in 49m35s. I felt strong!!!
The ride home was a bit slower since the wind was still going strong but at just over an hour, it's still a very respectable time. I think I will do well at the race with my new tires.

I think I will ride to work again tomorrow if the weather is good and then maybe a run on Friday or Saturday if I can squeeze it in. Then taper will start. I'm not quite sure how I should do taper for a Triathlon, maybe an easy ride and a short swim just to loosen up near the end of the week?

In the mix today: Matsuri's Forever Psychedelic and Hom-Mega's debut Full On.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the speedy commute!

    no idea about tapering for traithlons, but that sounds like a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! For our taper, just did a nice easy swim on the wednesday, and then a slow easy spin to get the legs moving on saturday morning before the race! You'll do awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Buzz!

    Great blog post. Good job on the new fast time! It's great that you bike to work. I really enjoyed reading your blog and learning about your Marathons. With your positive outlook on life, I feel that your blog would be a great addition to Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN). The HBN has over 2,600 bloggers that share a common goal to share their knowledge with others, which enables Wellsphere to provide information that is personal and relevant to over 6 million visitors a month.

    Feel free to visit our Health Blogger Network at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger, where you can apply to join. Or just email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

    Have a great day!
    Hua
    Director of Blogger Networks

    ReplyDelete