Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wet Duathlon

I got my bike back today. I made it an adventure by running from my place of work to my favorite local bike shop.
The run was pretty average and uneventful. I'm happy about the relatively slow time since I was carrying a heavy bag with my change of clothes, bike helmet, lock and my trusty mini. I stopped at a convenience store for a sports drink before I got my bike back. The maintenance that was done was pretty minor: new chain, new cassette, new brake pads and truing of the wheels. I then proceeded to go home warily looking at the graying sky.
I don't know if it's the tune up or the threat and eventual arrival of rain that made me so fast but I believe this may be my fastest yet this year. The rain was not so bad at first, but once I was soaked it made me a bit cooler than I would have wanted. There was this other biker on baseline and after coasting behind him for a while I decided to pass him. I looked back after a few lights and he had dissapeared.

Overall I think my performance today is pretty impressive considering I just ran 7km before. I got home without hypothermia and rewarded myself with a long hot shower and then munched on some mini carrots while a wonderful dinner was being prepared. It will be interesting to see how I hold up tomorrow and if any of my muscles will be painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment