Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Surprise!

The surprise I was holding back on is that I am leaving for China in less than 2 weeks! Alex is going there on business, so I'm tagging along. In total we'll spend close to 5 weeks in China, starting in Shanghai where his business engagements are. We'll have about a week and a half after his business is complete to tour the country until we leave from Beijing.

I'm hoping to train a lot while he's busy at work so you'll definitively be along for the journey. Hopefully I can find some nice running routes even if Shanghai may not be the best place for a runner with all the traffic. If you are interested in following me with my non training activities, I've set up a new blog: Buzzing In Shanghai.

Lots of preparation to do, so that explains my lack of training this week. I have a charity race tomorrow where I'm hoping to make my department proud in a 4 way contest for the title of the healthiest department (I think that's what the bragging right is called!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so exciting!!! Happy travels to you! Good luck with the last minute prep & packing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adventure! I've not traveled much outside of the U.S., only to Mexico, Canada & Japan but only for a couple days at most. 5 weeks should give you a wonderful chance to really soak things in. Glad you'll be able to blog about it too while out there.

    Good luck winning the dept title!

    ReplyDelete