Thursday, May 21, 2009

Slow & Easy

Okay, I have to admit I'm not quite sure of what I am doing. I've never run a slow run to loosen myself up prior to a race before so I had lots of questions as I was running yesterday. Am I going too fast? Too slow? Am I doing this too early or should I wait until the day right before the race?

The training run itself was nice and slow. I aimed at a pace of 6min/km which I mostly kept. I'm used to trying to run under a pace, not over, so sometimes I would forget how slow I needed to be and pick up a bit of speed. I did an easy 5km around the bridges, which is a very popular route among cube dwellers.
After the run, I got validation that even if I didn't really know what I was doing, I was probably doing the right thing. While stretching, I could feel looseness compared to my usual routine and in the afternoon, my legs felt very relaxed. I think I got the speed aspect right at least. Let's hope I got the timing of how soon before the race I needed to go out right as well.

No mix today, just the pounding of my feet against the wet pavement.

No comments:

Post a Comment