Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Change of Pace

It was refreshing today to change gears and do a run-walk session at lunch with my friend and colleague Sonia. Sonia pretends she hasn't run in quite a while but she was still following impressively for the first kilometre. We then set into a run-walk until about the 3rd kilometre where we dropped all running pretence and walked the rest of the way to work.
I'm not used to seeing so much purple in the heatmap. Truth be told I was pretty happy about the slow pace today. My muscles still haven't flushed all the lactic acid from Sunday's 15km despite the strength & 30 minute stationary bike sessions yesterday. It was cool to catch up on all the office stuff that I missed while I was in China.

I'm upgrading my home gym for the winter. I picked up some new all in one dumbbells and I'll be on the lookout for a cheap flat screen TV on boxing day so I can watch my Dallas and Dexter on something bigger than my 7 inch portable DVD player. The store person yesterday was telling me about the good deals on treadmills on boxing day but I feel that I can brave the weather and run outside again this year as I did last year.

1 comment:

  1. A change of pace is nice to mix it up now and then, especially with good company!

    Good idea with the home gym. I barely have any equipment at home. That's probably because I wouldn't use it. :)

    ReplyDelete