Friday, July 31, 2009

Breakfast of champions

Many people ask me what I eat to be able to sustain the efforts of biking so much. My answer is usually simple, more of everything with a focus on chocolate :)
So here you have my routine breakfast. I have some cereal, usually PC Fibre First or PC Fibre Plus. I then add either Chocolate Soy milk or Cow milk with Chocolate Syrup. I top it off with a Banana for extra potassium. So here you have all five essential food groups: Chocolate, Grains, Milk, Fruits and Meat alternatives (trough the nuts and soy milk!)
This breakfast is more than enough to bring me awake and provide enough carbs to fuel the bike ride to work. The iron content in the cereal is a good start towards reaching my daily intake and the calcium in the milk or soy milk is great to ensure a proper bone density.

{I am not a nutritionist nor have I consulted with one, I just read magazines and the labels on what I eat!}

2 comments: