Friday, July 24, 2009

Wet!

I had a pretty easy ride this morning, being Friday and all I didn't want to push it too much. I got to work in a little under 1h03 minutes. On the way home I was happy to have a good back wind until I hit the torrential downpour and my ride turned into what a friend calls aquacycling. The "puddles" were sometimes a few inches deep. The upside of it is that once you are wet, you don't get wetter ;) You can actually see when the downpour started on the map where the route turns darker blue.
I actually had some fun riding home today in a twisted kind of way. I remembered the days, long gone now, when I was a kid playing in the warm rain and jumping in puddles. I also get a kick of people looking at me and shaking their heads in disbelief. When I got home, some of the neighbors were playing outside in their water coats, and we shared a smile about how beautiful life can be in those little moments that no one else knows about. Phew, getting philosophical here. Back to the buzz, I think this workout counts as double :) I was planning on going swimming tomorrow but I may have had my fill of water for a while, hehehe.

In the mix today was Infected Mushroom's The Gathering and Amadou and Mariam's Dimanche a Bamako, that is until my music player decided it wasn't waterproof and shut down. Hopefully it will work again once it dries up.

3 comments:

  1. coulda done your own mini tri out there today! Glad you made it home safely :) Have a great weekend! hopefully it's dryer than today. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got caught in a downpour too a couple of days ago while running. Soo NOT fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you had rain like we did around here, you MUST have been soaked. Aquacycling - I like that!

    ReplyDelete