Thursday, July 16, 2009

Windy!

The winds really are against me. This article in a local newspaper proves it! At least I won't worry about sounding crazy anymore.

The commute to work was pretty quick, especially for a Friday.
Again I averaged about 30km/h. I had to stop for a bit because of a power failure in my music machine. Thankfully I had a spare battery so I could keep the tunes going. The way back faced some pretty heavy and gusty winds of up to 31km/h so I didn't go so fast with a total time of a little under 1h10m.

Here is a comparison (I am addicted to RunSaturday's speed heatmap, can you tell yet?) between a windy and non windy commute. Almost 15 minutes difference between the two, it's wild. If Dave is still reading, sorry buddy, sometimes I have to geek out with the analysis/stats.
Tomorrow is most likely a rest day unless the forecasted rain doesn't show up in which case I may go running. I got to do more running, I miss it. But with the daily commutes, it's hard to fit it in.

French first lady Carla Bruni's Comme si de rien n'├ętait and Jean Leloup's La mygale jaune in the mix.

1 comment:

  1. You weren't kidding about the wind!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete