Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Quick Swim

The pool was fairly busy today so I didn't go too fast. I completed my 750m in about 21 minutes and stayed in for another 20 minutes doing breast stroke. A quick stay in the sauna and I was on my way home.

Swimming really has some regenerative benefits. I had a bit of soreness in my left knee this morning and I feel much better after the swim. I think the root cause of the sensitive left knee is an insufficient amount of stretching since my hamstring feels really tight on that side. It could also be that the running shoes I use at the office are getting old. On that subject, slashdot (of all places!) has a discussion about running shoes sparked by an article in a UK newspaper that claims that modern running shoes are a main cause of running injury compared to running barefoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment