Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Suburbs are making people fat?

Are Suburbs making us fat? I moved to the suburbs about a year ago and while there are pros and cons to living in the suburbs, one of my main gripes always has been that there is nowhere to walk to. Every little daily errand turns into a chore that requires a car trip.

This interesting article in today's Ottawa Citizen reinforces what I have been saying all along. Add in the warlike supply storing and the missing time from all those errands and you will realize that there is precious little time left over at the end of the day to exercise or spend some quality time with your loved ones. I wonder if the study looked into the ratio of home baked with fresh ingredients vs frozen / prepared meals. I sure know that my diet now includes much more frozen pizzas and chicken sticks with fries than it did when I lived right next door to grocery stores and farmer's markets.

Today is most probably an off day. I may squeeze in some indoor cycling if I get home early enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment