Thursday, April 23, 2009

Windy on the Westbound

The bike in this morning was pretty good. Nothing too different than average so I won't bore you with the details except to say that I did a pretty respectable 59m17s.

The way home however was much different! I knew immediately as I stepped outside that it would be a tough one but I didn't imagine it would be that tough! I took over an hour and a half to get home because of some crazy winds. I don't know what the wind has against me or what my ancestors did to it, but today it attacked me like never before. I looked at the weather report once I got home and I found out: 35km/h with gusts of up to 50km/h. And yes, again, it was completely headwind coming from the West!
I started out on the street and then moved to the bike path by the river thinking it would be safer and easier. But the lack of protection from the river made the wind even stronger so I got back to Scott street at Parkdale. Sometimes it felt like I was hitting a wall. I even dismounted my bike and walked for a bit once when it got so dangerous I couldn't keep the balance on the bike. Like a good trooper I kept pumping the pedals, and eventually I got home safe and sound. Today's commute must count 50% bonus for the extra effort :)

Flying Rhino's Singularity and TIP Singles 3 in the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment